Apple Varieties: Genes, Predicting Traits, & More
Learn about different apple varieties, what features breeders and scientists consider most important, and how both genotype and environmental factors impact these features.
1-2 class periods
active lab time:
- Define and give examples of phenotype and genotype
- Explore examples of environmental factors that impact phenotype
- Explain what traits scientists study in apples
- Describe and analyze how different traits make each apple unique
- How do genes and environmental factors impact apple traits?
- What can scientists predict and plan when it comes to breeding apples?
how did it go?
We love hearing about how an activity went- the wins, the total fails, and the unexpected! Leave a comment in the box below and let us know how this activity went for you. We would love to know how you tinkered with it below in the comments and upload a picture or video of your results.
Curious to see how the activity went with our activity testers? Take a look to see in our video & photo gallery.