Ricotta: Reactions & Acids (MS)
Explore the chemical reaction and formation of curds in cheese making through homemade ricotta.
2 class periods
active lab time:
- Observe how adding an acid chemically changes the milk
- Identify chemical changes and physical changes
- Identify the main protein in milk that plays a role in cheesemaking
chemical reactions, acids and bases, cheese
- How does milk transform into cheese?
- What chemical and physicl changes occur in cheesemaking?
how did it go?
We love hearing about how an activity went- the wins, the total fails, and the unexpected! Leave a comment in the box below and let us know how this activity went for you. We would love to know how you tinkered with it below in the comments and upload a picture or video of your results.
Curious to see how the activity went with our activity testers? Take a look to see in our video & photo gallery.