In this 3-7 day lesson, students complete multiple labs and explore how butter transforms through chemical and physical changes by making brown butter rice krispie treats.
There are two versions of this lesson: a more open-ended, exploratory, discussion-based lesson and a more guided one.
This Lesson Includes:
- Teacher Lesson Plan with Essential Questions, Objectives, and NGSS standards, Lab Preparation (Materials, Ingredients, Amazon Lists when appropriate, and Tips & Tricks) and day-by-day lesson plans
- Classroom Slides with directions for lesson flow, turn and talk prompts, illustrations and graphics, embedded videos, and whole group reflection questions
- Student Handouts with step-by-step lab directions and other activities
- Anchor Reading that explains key concepts
- Videos: an instructional lab video and a fun and informative Science Snack video
All materials are included in the Google Drive folder