In this 4-6 day lesson, students complete multiple labs and explore how butter transforms through chemical and physical changes. This culminates in a fun and easy brown butter rice krispie treat lab that includes a CER.
Note: This lesson has been recently updated in February 2024.
This Lesson Includes:
- Teacher Lesson Plan with Essential Questions, Objectives, and NGSS standards, Lab Preparation (Materials, Ingredients, Amazon Lists when appropriate, and Tips & Tricks) and day-by-day lesson plans
- Classroom Slides with directions for lesson flow, turn and talk prompts, illustrations and graphics, embedded videos, and whole group reflection questions
- Student Handouts with step-by-step lab directions and other activities
- Anchor Reading that explains key concepts
- Videos: an instructional lab video and a fun and informative Science Snack video
All materials are included in a Google Drive folder.