Objective: Explore mass, volume, density, and lab design by exploring the amount of air in various ice creams.
Timeline: 1-3 class periods
This Lesson Includes:
- Teacher Lesson Plan with...
- Essential Questions, Objectives, NGSS standards
- Lab Prep Information (Materials, Ingredients, Amazon Lists when appropriate, Tips & Tricks)
- Day-by-Day Lesson Plans
- Anchor Reading- Intended for both teacher and students. Explains key concepts in detail and provides helpful visuals.
- Classroom Slides with directions for lesson flow, turn and talk prompts, illustrations and graphics, embedded videos, and whole group reflection questions
- Student Handouts with step-by-step lab directions and other activities
- Videos (instructional lab videos + other videos)
This lesson is a lighter, shorter version of our traditional lesson. It is specifically adapted to be a fun end of the year lab.
For us, this means maximizing hands-on time and the fun factor and going a bit lighter on the science. Be sure to check out our original lesson that this EOY special is built on if you are looking for more depth!
All materials are included in a Google Drive folder.